Skip to content

Should 16-Year-Olds Be Able to Vote?

It appears that Congresswoman Elvis Ayanna Pressley is proposing that we lower the voting age to 16. The measure has failed, of course.

Well, I don’t see why not. There are plenty of people above the age of 18 or 80 who have voted for kooks, gangsters and nincompoops like the Bushes, the Clintons, Bob Dole and Bernie Sanders. We might as well lower the voting age.

But I’m sure there are plenty of 16-year-olds who, if they were informed of the actual truth, would not vote for those aforementioned statists.

How about a choice on the ballot of “None of the Above,” Elvis?  (It would win in most elections!)

Actually, I think that no one should vote. Voting has given 51% of the people the power to use the armed apparatus of government to steal away the earnings of the other 49%, and violate their civil liberties, invade their homes, their businesses, their churches, and their freedom. The system of voting and elections enables the enslavement of some by others. It’s immoral.

So, however old a voter might be will make no difference. And it’s the same thing with a legal drinking age, cigarette smoking age, or whatever. For those other things, it’s the parents who should determine whether their kids may smoke, drink or take drugs, not the State.

Articles on voting and non-voting

Non-Voting, and Is Voting an Act of Violence? by Carl Watner

Non-Voting as an Act of Secession by Hans Sherrer

The Illegality, Immorality and Violence of All Political Action by Robert LeFevre

And The Non-Voter’s Right to Ignore the State by Herbert Spencer

Published inBureaucracyElectionsFraudPropagandaSecessionVoting